by Rosemary Phillis
According to his son Lyle, Chemist Williams moved to Riverstone around 1947. He had studied Pharmacy in Queensland and was on the lookout for a town that was well established. He felt that Riverstone would have potential, as it had a well established industry in the Meatworks.
He first opened a chemist shop in a building that stood where the Commonwealth Bank is now. Around 1955 he had a new shop built, which he operated until leaving the district around 1963. In 2008 the building is still operated as a chemist, by Catherine Vu.
In 2007 Lyle allowed the Historical Society to copy some family photos, which we share below.