Riverstone Shops - Royal Hotel
Royal Hotel was owned by members of the Kane/East families from 1887 to 1939. The hotel was known as the "Neverfail" until 1895 when the name was changed to the Royal Hotel. The name "Royal" was then transferred to the new hotel built on the corner of Garfield Road and West Parade, near the railway crossing in 1906. This Royal Hotel was demolished in 1977 to make way for the new Royal Tavern.